Honda Premium Cabin Air Filter to reduce infection risk from SARS-COV-2 virus
Honda is now offering a new premium cabin air filter which is highly effective at capturing a wide range of harmful germs, allergens and even viruses related to significant health problems, including infection risks associated with the SARS COV-2 virus.
- Features a four-layer filtration system for maximum protection
- Can trap more than 90 percent of viral aerosols
- Inactivates almost 100 percent of the captured viral load via a bio-functional layer
- Available at Trident Honda for just £130 including VAT
The Honda premium cabin air filter was developed in cooperation with Freudenberg and is offered as a new Honda genuine spare part, as an alternative to the standard Honda pollen filter. This new premium cabin air filter provides active protection by significantly reducing the concentration of viral aerosols. This is achieved by a unique multi-layer design that effectively filters, captures and suppresses noxious environmental gases as well as inorganic and biological particles and aerosols.
The first two microfibre layers of the Honda premium cabin air filter capture most ultrafine aerosols, dust and pollen while the third layer, made of activated carbon, is responsible for the adsorption of harmful pollution such as particulates and acid gases. An innovative fourth bio-functional layer coated with the active substance of fruit extract then effectively inactivates captured viral aerosols and prevents them from being released back into the cabin air. This has been conclusively proved by a comprehensive series of tests conducted in collaboration with the Austrian Research Institute OFI.
Coronaviruses are spread in droplets produced when those affected sneeze, cough or breathe and can remain infectious on surfaces for hours or even days. Wind disturbances, temperature changes and humidity can all cause that these particles become airborne again, at which point they can be picked up by the filter.
The fine particle filtration layers provide improved protection against virus transmission in comparison to standard filters. They demonstrably separate not only droplets (> 5 m), but also critical viral aerosols (droplet nuclei significantly below 5 m). The new Honda premium cabin air filter can trap more than 90 percent of viral aerosols. In addition, an innovative second step inactivates almost 100 percent of the captured viral load via a bio-functional layer impregnated with the active substance of fruit extract.
The SARS-CoV-2 virus is just the latest of an unbroken line of viruses stretching back through human history that impact on human health. In terms of mitigating risk while travelling in motor vehicles, the advanced Honda premium cabin air filter offers one of the best protections available in the market.
Trident Honda can supply and fit this new filter, which is available for all recent Honda models, for just £130 including VAT.
The bio-functional layer in the Honda premium cabin air filters is able to inactivate harmful organisms. Unlike traditional chemical biocides, many of which are already banned for use in vehicles or labeled
to be substituted, the active substance of fruit extract used conforms to the latest European Biocidal Products Regulation (BPR, Regulation (EU) 528/2012).
Recommendations for minimising risk inside the vehicle cabin
- Increased fresh air supply is an efficient way to protect against viruses inside vehicles. This maximizes the dilution of airborne aerosols.
- The efficiency of the filter elements plays a vital role in filtering out environmental contaminants, harmful substances and pathogenic aerosols. In recirculation mode, the viral air-cleaning performance depends heavily on the viral filtration efficiency of the filtration system and the air exchange rate.
- Innovative filter elements with surface disinfection properties efficiently prevent viral bio-burden from being released into the air again while ensuring the highest level of protection of human health and the environment.
- Filter service: Especially under current conditions, the cabin air filter should be changed more frequently than usual to maintain optimum protection.